Prokeep is seeking a Human Resource Specialist to support our rapid growth. As a growing company, it is vital to our overall success that we support our current employees while continuing to hire new employees in order to maintain our growth. The Human Resource Specialist will work with department directors and founders to recruit, hire and support employees to help ensure the long term success of Prokeep.
As the founding member of our HR department, this is an exciting opportunity for someone with HR experience to work in an entrepreneurial environment and help build a highly functional department from the ground up.
Prokeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the $17 trillion global construction market. We are post product, post revenue and growing fast throughout North America.
Our team is nimble and devoted to simplifying communication for everyone in the global construction industry. We envision a world where our tools modernize and strengthen the relationships that are the backbone of the built-world we live in every day. We are looking for candidates who have been responsible for full-cycle recruiting of roles such as SaaS Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Customer Support Specialists, and engineering roles.
Your responsibilities will focus on recruiting and managing the day to day aspects of guiding employees through human resources procedures and policies.
- Recruit, coordinate, and perform interviews, reference checks, and documentation for SaaS hiring
- Conduct applicant screenings
- Network with local contacts to promote Prokeep and hiring opportunities
- Coordinate with hiring managers on applicant’s hiring status
- Inform job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
- Build and maintain compensation strategies for each job role
- Distribute, complete, and process paperwork for new hires
- Conduct new hire orientation to build a strong foundation for new employees and increase employee engagement
- Coordinate the exit process for departing employees
- Coach management to promote and facilitate career growth and development
- Encourage employees to take advantage of benefits programs through ongoing education initiatives
- Develop and execute culture building activities across all departments each quarter
- Direct the employee review process and optimize the methods of review
- Work with each department manager to build incentive programs to provide motivation for effective performance
- Present HR updates and programs to employees during monthly All Hands meeting
Procedures and Policies
- Develop and refine policies and procedures using best practices and prior work experience, as needed
- Ensure that all human resources functions comply with federal, state, and local regulations
- Identify areas for improvement in HR processes
- Build process to address any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations
- Maintain relationships with HR vendors and review those relationships on an ongoing basis
- Provide information to the external bookkeeper and accountant who create the company’s financial statements
As a new hire, which needs to fit into our existing culture, we are looking for the following attributes. You have done this before or have experienced first hand working in a successful startup with explosive growth. You are quick to react and put out fires, but more importantly, you plan and execute so you don’t have fires to put out. You know a lot and have a humble ability to share that knowledge with your team members but at the same time you have the humility to listen to other points of view.
You get things done. You don’t wait for things to happen, you are proactive and get results. You are data driven. You measure everything and use that data to improve and optimize systems and processes. You don’t need to be managed closely. Once you understand the goals of the organization, you align your actions to achieve those goals. You are driven and lead with a positive, high energy demeanor.
Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ Years in a human resource role
- 2+ Years doing full-cycle recruiting specifically SaaS sales, Customer Success Managers, and Engineers
- Experience as an early employee at a startup in a high growth environment
- 2+ Experience with Google Workspace
- Data-driven with a commitment to process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to multi-tasks and maintain time management
- Quick decision-making in complex situations with competing inputs
- Creative thinker with the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Extremely well-organized and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure
- Strong team player as well as a proactive individual contributor
- Bachelor's Degree
This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible. Candidates must be geographically located in New Orleans, LA or Atlanta, GA.
There is a huge opportunity for this position to grow in responsibility. Compensation is commensurate with experience and the current responsibilities of the job.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and start the process.