Who you are: Do you have a track record of bringing killer in-person and virtual events to life? Are you as organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated as they come? Someone who is a master planner yet can also pivot without batting an eye when plans fall through. Do you have enough event management experience under your belt that you could show up on Day 1 with the type of tools, templates and tricks-of-the-trade to hit the ground running? Along with a sense of creativity that makes you want to push the bounds and experiment with new ideas? If so, you may be just who we are looking for! We need a top-notch, strategic events maven who is eager and able to go beyond the checklists, carpet-selection and cocktails of traditional event coordination. Someone who gets an adrenaline rush from orchestrating the million moving parts, promotions and personalities required to make an event successful. But who at the end of the day knows that an event’s success is calculated in its ROI and how it supports the company’s bottom line.
Who we are: Prokeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the construction industry – a $17 billion industry! Our team is nimble and devoted to making our customers' lives easier with simple-to-use technology…and our customers love us for this! We envision a world where all distributors will use our tools to be more efficient, and to be able to build stronger relationships with their customers. Our SaaS product has generated significant traction in a short period of time, which is where you come in: to help build awareness and accelerate our growth.
What you’ll do: As our Events Marketing Manager, we’ll look to you to take Prokeep's events to the next level and ensure they help drive our bottom line. Amid the typical timelines and well-oiled logistics you’d expect, you'll ensure each event has a thoughtful well-communicated strategy aimed at achieving positive ROI: you’ll establish event goals, craft promotions and messaging to support those goals, conceptualize creative ideas to let us stand out from the others...and ensure that each event leaves more of the construction world knowing - and loving! - the Prokeep brand. Sounds fun? Read on!
Key Responsibilities: What will I do? (…a better question may be “what will I not do?”!)
- Own driving an annual events calendar that influences bottom line revenue
- Execute an array of events including major industry trade shows, virtual events, online webinars, and more (the thought of flying from NOLA to Vegas for back-to-back events thrills you)
- Facilitate internal, cross-functional teams to ensure events are internally communicated and staffed with appropriate skill sets
- Develop and manage event budget’s tightly - making events sing on a shoestring budget (i.e. you know that creativity with a side-car of confidence is the best currency!)
- Measure and report on event and campaign results and ROI with upper management
- Survey event attendees and use feedback and data to modify and improve future events accordingly
- Work with designers to implement and design event collateral and promotional materials
- Publicly interface with distributors, contractors and industry players and comfortably deliver key company, product and technical messages
- Execute internal employee events in a way that embodies our company values and brand while helping to foster our culture
Qualifications: What does it take to do this job?
- 5+ years event marketing experience in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding professional start-up environment (predictability and “clock-in, clock-out” sound boring to you!)
- Track record of successfully owning and implementing a broad range of events and related marketing programs
- Vendor and client management moxie (you welcome the challenge of dealing with a motley crew and can gracefully navigate even the most colorful and demanding of personalities)
- Creative spirit (if there were a Creativity Bee’, you’d be a contender for 1st place)
- Insanely self-motivated; responds positively to moderate guidance yet prefers independent critical thinking and problem solving (a micromanager is your worst nightmare…and you’re typically two steps ahead of your manager anyways!)
- Out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects under tight project deadlines (doing one thing at a time makes you yawn)
- Confident, critical thinking and creative problem-solving prowess
- Ability to formulate and offer a potential solution before asking someone else for the answer
- Adaptability – you easily deal with sudden change (to you, “Plan B” means “bring it on.”)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; command of copywriting and grammatical principles.
- Maniacal attention to detail (you’ll tell us if you see any typos in this job description!)
- Budget savvy sensibilities that can consistently deliver projects on (better yet, under!) budget
- Stellar interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate with a wide array of people - including strong personalities
- Proficiency in all major tech tools and ability to quickly grasp and use new technology concepts (Slack will be your new BFF)
Reports to: The Events Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Marketing
Are you nodding your head? Smiling aloud? Thinking this may be you? Apply now at email@example.com - include your resume as well as a cover letter to help convince us you are the perfect person for this role.