Are you a detail oriented individual who is interested in applying your experience as an accountant to be the founding member of Prokeep’s finance team? If so, we are seeking a full-time Controller.
Prokeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the $17 trillion construction industry. Our team is nimble and devoted to making our customers lives easier with simple-to-use technology. We envision a world where distributors using our tools are more efficient and able to build stronger relationships with their customers.
Our SaaS product has generated significant traction in a short period of time. With your help we will accelerate our growth.
The Controller will be in charge of managing many financial aspects of Prokeep. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a driven individual who can direct our accounting operations, track, analyze, and consolidate financial data, and perform financial risk analysis.
- Lead all budgeting and forecasting operations
- Perform all invoicing and bookkeeping activities and ensure all records are maintained and reported in accordance with GAAP
- Improve company financial controls to prepare for scale
- Provide financial statements and reports vital to the decision-making process
- Improve financial reporting infrastructure
- Lead all aspects of AP and AR operations
- Prepare and make bank deposits
- Regularly report to founders on overall financial status
- Analyze data to determine cost and profits for projects or individual product add ons
- Maintain payroll including but not limited to commission calculations, benefit payments, credit card review, etc.
- Administer state incentive programs such as Quality Jobs and the Digital Media tax credit in Louisiana.
- Work with an external accounting firm to file taxes accurately and on time. Participate and contribute to the Management team, including attending key meetings.
- 3+ years as Controller or in an accounting role, ideally with a technology company that has undergone rapid growth
- Experience with SaaS financials and SaaS revenue recognition
- Critical thinking skills
- Solid Excel and Quickbooks skills
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and effective communication
- Slack knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
Working Relationship & Compensation
This role is currently a full-time, remote position due to COVID-19. Salary is dependent on experience. Candidates should be located in New Orleans and be able to work in the office once it has been deemed safe.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and start the process.